If you're planning a visit to West Bay Beach, you'll find that there are plenty of things to see and do in the surrounding area. Here are just a few ideas to help you make the most of your trip.
Please let us know if you have any feedback or suggestions!
- Visit the Jurassic Coast World Heritage Site. The Jurassic Coast stretches 95 miles from East Devon to Dorset, and is home to a stunning array of geological and paleontological wonders. You can explore the rugged coastline and see evidence of the Earth's history dating back millions of years.
- Take a stroll along the South West Coast Path. The South West Coast Path is a 630-mile long-distance footpath that stretches from Minehead in Somerset to Poole Harbour in Dorset. It offers some of the most breathtaking coastal views in the country, and is a great way to explore the local area.
- Visit the Tank Museum in Bovington. The Tank Museum is home to the world's largest collection of tanks and armored vehicles. You can see tanks from World War I to the present day, and learn about the history of tank warfare.
- Go birdwatching at RSPB Arne. RSPB Arne is a nature reserve located on the edge of Poole Harbour. It is home to a wide variety of bird species, including some rare and threatened species. You can explore the reserve on foot or by boat, and there is a visitor center with information about the local wildlife.
- Take a boat trip to Brownsea Island. Brownsea Island is located in the middle of Poole Harbour, and is a beautiful place to explore. You can take a boat trip from Poole or Sandbanks to the island, and once there you can enjoy the secluded beaches, wooded forests, and abundant wildlife.
- Visit the Monkey World Ape Rescue Centre. Monkey World is a 65-acre rescue center for primates, located just a short drive from West Bay Beach. You can see a wide variety of primates, including chimpanzees, gibbons, and marmosets, and learn about the work the center does to rescue and rehabilitate abused and exploited primates.
- Go horse riding at West Bexington. West Bexington is a small village located just a short distance from West Bay Beach, and it is a great place to go horse riding. There are several local stables that offer horse riding lessons and treks, and the surrounding countryside is perfect for exploring on horseback.
- Visit the Sandbanks Peninsula. The Sandbanks Peninsula is located just a few miles from West Bay Beach, and it is home to some of the most expensive real estate in the country. You can take a walk along the sandy beaches and enjoy the beautiful views of Poole Harbour.
- Go fishing at Poole Harbour. Poole Harbour is a large natural harbor located a short distance from West Bay Beach, and it is a popular spot for fishing. You can try your hand at sea fishing, or go freshwater fishing in one of the many lakes and rivers in the area.
- Take a tour of the Lulworth Estate. The Lulworth Estate is a large country estate located near West Bay Beach. It is home to a number of interesting attractions, including Lulworth Castle, the Lulworth Cove, and the Jurassic Coastline. You can take a tour of the estate to learn more about its history and natural beauty.
- Visit the RNLI Lifeboat Station at West Bay. The RNLI Lifeboat Station at West Bay is located just a short distance from the beach, and it is a fascinating place to visit. You can learn about the work of the RNLI and see the lifeboats that are used to rescue people in distress at sea.
- Go paddleboarding or kayaking at Poole Harbour. Poole Harbour is a great place for watersports, and there are several companies that offer paddleboarding and kayaking rentals.
There are many things to see and do near West Bay Beach. Whether you're interested in history, nature, or outdoor activities, you'll find plenty of ways to enjoy your time in the area!