If you're planning a visit to Mupe Bay, you'll find that there are plenty of things to see and do in the surrounding area. Here are just a few ideas to help you make the most of your trip.
Please let us know if you have any feedback or suggestions!
- Visit Lulworth Cove and Durdle Door. These stunning natural rock formations are a must-see while in Mupe Bay.
- Hike along the Jurassic Coast, a World Heritage Site with breathtaking coastal views and an abundance of fossils to discover.
- Explore the historic town of Dorchester, with its ancient Roman walls, museums, and quaint shops and cafes.
- Visit the iconic Corfe Castle, a National Trust property with a rich history dating back to the 11th century.
- Go fossil hunting at Kimmeridge Bay, known for its abundant fossil finds from the Jurassic period.
- Relax on the sandy beaches of Studland Bay, a popular spot for swimming, sunbathing, and water sports.
- Visit the Tank Museum in Bovington, showcasing the history of tanks and armored vehicles from World War I to the present day.
- Go birdwatching at RSPB Arne, a nature reserve with an array of wetlands and coastal habitats.
- Visit the Dorset County Museum in Dorchester, featuring a variety of exhibitions on the county's history and culture.
- Go cycling along the coast, taking in the stunning views of the Jurassic Coast and nearby towns.
- Visit the historic village of Lulworth, with its thatched cottages, castle ruins, and quaint shops and cafes.
- Explore the beautiful gardens at Kingston Lacy, a National Trust property with a stunning collection of exotic plants and flowers.
- Visit the picturesque village of Wareham, with its charming old buildings and peaceful riverside setting.
- Enjoy a day of outdoor adventure at Go Ape, a treetop adventure course located near Wareham.
There are many things to see and do near Mupe Bay. Whether you're interested in history, nature, or outdoor activities, you'll find plenty of ways to enjoy your time in the area!