If you're planning a visit to Gore Cove, you'll find that there are plenty of things to see and do in the surrounding area. Here are just a few ideas to help you make the most of your trip.
Please let us know if you have any feedback or suggestions!
- Visit the Jurassic Coast World Heritage Site, which stretches 95 miles along the coast and features some of the best-preserved dinosaur fossils in the world.
- Take a boat tour around the coast and spot wildlife, such as seals and dolphins.
- Visit the historic town of Lyme Regis, known for its cobbled streets, independent shops, and fossil museum.
- Explore the ancient ruins of Corfe Castle, a medieval fortress set atop a hill with stunning views of the surrounding countryside.
- Visit the Dorset County Museum in Dorchester to learn about the county's rich history and culture.
- Go for a walk or cycle ride along the South West Coast Path, which passes through Gore Cove and offers breathtaking views of the sea and coastline.
- Visit the charming village of West Bay, known for its picturesque harbor and seafood restaurants.
- Take a tour of the Cerne Abbas Giant, a 180-foot-tall chalk figure carved into the hillside.
- Visit the nearby town of Bridport, known for its artisan market and historic rope-making industry.
- Visit the historic town of Shaftesbury, with its charming cobbled streets and famous Gold Hill.
- Visit the abbey ruins at Sherborne and learn about the town's rich history and culture.
- Go for a swim at Charmouth Beach, known for its fossil-rich cliffs and gentle waves.
- Visit the historic town of Weymouth, with its Georgian seafront, sandy beach, and variety of shops and restaurants.
- Visit the Tank Museum in Bovington to learn about the history of tanks and military vehicles.
- Visit the ancient hill fort of Maiden Castle, one of the largest and best-preserved in the UK.
There are many things to see and do near Gore Cove. Whether you're interested in history, nature, or outdoor activities, you'll find plenty of ways to enjoy your time in the area!