If you're planning a visit to Preston Beach, you'll find that there are plenty of things to see and do in the surrounding area. Here are just a few ideas to help you make the most of your trip.
Please let us know if you have any feedback or suggestions!
- Visit the South West Coast Path. The path offers stunning views of the coastline and is a great way to explore the area around Preston Beach.
- Visit the nearby town of Lyme Regis. Known for its picturesque harbor and historic buildings, Lyme Regis is a charming place to explore and is just a short drive from Preston Beach.
- Go fossil hunting. Lyme Regis is known for its rich fossil history, and the cliffs around Preston Beach are a great place to search for fossils.
- Visit the Jurassic Coast World Heritage Site. The Jurassic Coast stretches from Exmouth in East Devon to Studland Bay in Dorset, and is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The area around Preston Beach is part of this stunning natural site.
- Take a boat trip. There are several boat companies operating in the area, offering everything from fishing trips to wildlife-watching cruises.
- Visit the Charmouth Heritage Coast Centre. Located in the nearby town of Charmouth, the Heritage Coast Centre is a great place to learn about the geology and natural history of the area.
- Go birdwatching. The area around Preston Beach is home to a wide variety of bird species, including seabirds, waders, and migratory birds.
- Take a walk to the nearby Durdle Door. Durdle Door is a natural limestone arch on the Jurassic Coast and is a popular spot for visitors to the area.
- Visit the Tank Museum. Located in nearby Bovington, the Tank Museum is home to a large collection of tanks and military vehicles, and is a fascinating place to visit for history enthusiasts.
- Go horse riding. There are several stables in the area that offer horse riding lessons and trail rides, allowing visitors to explore the beautiful countryside on horseback.
- Visit the Monkey World Ape Rescue Centre. Located in nearby Wareham, Monkey World is a 65-acre park that is home to more than 250 primates.
- Go fishing. The area around Preston Beach is popular with anglers, and there are several spots along the coast where you can go fishing.
- Visit the Lulworth Estate. Located just a short drive from Preston Beach, the Lulworth Estate is a beautiful country estate that is open to the public.
- Go cycling. The area around Preston Beach is popular with cyclists, and there are several scenic routes to explore.
- Visit the historic town of Dorchester. Dorchester is the county town of Dorset and is home to a number of historic buildings and attractions, including the Dorchester Museum and the Maumbury Rings.
There are many things to see and do near Preston Beach. Whether you're interested in history, nature, or outdoor activities, you'll find plenty of ways to enjoy your time in the area!