If you're planning a visit to Kimmeridge Bay, you'll find that there are plenty of things to see and do in the surrounding area. Here are just a few ideas to help you make the most of your trip.
Please let us know if you have any feedback or suggestions!
- Visit the Kimmeridge Bay Nature Reserve, where you can explore the rocky shores, wetlands, and grassland habitats of the area.
- Take a boat trip out to the Kimmeridge Ledges, where you can see the underwater world of the bay, including schools of fish, sea anemones, and crabs.
- Go fossil hunting along the cliffs and beaches of Kimmeridge Bay, where you can find ammonites, belemnites, and other ancient marine creatures.
- Visit the Kimmeridge Clay Works, where you can learn about the history of the area and see how the clay was extracted and processed for use in pottery and bricks.
- Explore the Kimmeridge Bay Heritage Trail, which takes you through the village of Kimmeridge and along the coast, past historic buildings and sites of interest.
- Relax on the golden sands of Kimmeridge Bay Beach, where you can swim, sunbathe, or try your hand at surfing or paddleboarding.
- Go hiking or cycling along the Purbeck Way, a long-distance trail that passes through the Kimmeridge Bay area and offers stunning views of the surrounding countryside.
- Visit the Kimmeridge Bay Visitor Centre, where you can learn more about the natural and cultural heritage of the area and pick up maps, guides, and souvenirs.
- Have a picnic on the grassy banks above Kimmeridge Bay, where you can enjoy the fresh air and panoramic views of the coast and countryside.
- Go birdwatching at the Kimmeridge Bay Nature Reserve, where you can see a variety of birds, from seabirds such as guillemots and gannets, to waders and waterfowl.
- Visit the Kimmeridge Bay Diving Centre, where you can learn to scuba dive or take a dive tour to explore the underwater world of the bay.
- Go horse riding on the beach or along the Purbeck Way, where you can enjoy the fresh air and beautiful scenery on horseback.
- Visit the RSPB's Arne Nature Reserve, which is just a short drive from Kimmeridge Bay and offers a variety of habitats to explore, including salt marshes, heathland, and woodlands.
- Try your hand at fishing in Kimmeridge Bay, where you can catch a variety of fish, including bass, mullet, and pollock.
- Visit the historic village of Wareham, which is just a short drive from Kimmeridge Bay and offers a range of attractions, including the medieval town walls, historic buildings, and a weekly market.
There are many things to see and do near Kimmeridge Bay. Whether you're interested in history, nature, or outdoor activities, you'll find plenty of ways to enjoy your time in the area!