If you're planning a visit to Bournemouth, you'll find that there are plenty of things to see and do in the surrounding area. Here are just a few ideas to help you make the most of your trip.
Please let us know if you have any feedback or suggestions!
- Visit the Bournemouth Pier, which offers stunning views of the coastline and a range of activities, including arcade games, mini golf, and a play area for children.
- Head to the Bournemouth Beach, which boasts seven miles of golden sand and crystal-clear waters. The beach is perfect for swimming, sunbathing, and a variety of water sports.
- Explore the Bournemouth Gardens, which feature subtropical plants, beautiful floral displays, and scenic walking paths. The gardens also offer a range of events and activities throughout the year.
- Visit the Russell-Cotes Art Gallery and Museum, which showcases a diverse collection of art, artifacts, and specimens from around the world. The museum also offers guided tours and workshops.
- Head to the Oceanarium, where you can see a wide variety of marine life, including sharks, rays, and seahorses. The Oceanarium also offers interactive exhibits and activities.
- Explore the historic town of Christchurch, which offers a range of interesting sights, including a 12th-century castle and a picturesque quay. Christchurch is also home to a range of shops, cafes, and restaurants.
- Visit the Bournemouth Aviation Museum, which showcases a collection of aircraft, engines, and artifacts from the history of aviation. The museum also offers guided tours and educational activities.
- Take a trip to the New Forest, which is located just a short drive from Bournemouth. The New Forest offers a range of outdoor activities, including hiking, cycling, and horse riding.
- Head to Bournemouth Pier Approach, which is home to a range of shops, cafes, and restaurants. The Pier Approach also offers a range of entertainment options, including live music and street performers.
- Visit the Bournemouth Eye, which offers stunning views of the town and surrounding countryside. The Eye is a popular spot for sightseeing and photography.
- Explore the Bournemouth Lower Gardens, which feature beautiful floral displays, a mini train, and a range of activities for children. The Lower Gardens also offer a range of events and activities throughout the year.
- Take a trip to the Bournemouth Natural Science Society, which is home to a range of interesting exhibits, including fossils, minerals, and taxidermy specimens. The Society also offers a range of educational activities.
- Visit the Bournemouth International Centre, which hosts a range of events, including concerts, exhibitions, and conferences. The Centre also offers a range of dining and entertainment options.
- Head to the Bournemouth West Cliff Lift, which offers stunning views of the coastline and a convenient way to access the beach and gardens. The West Cliff Lift is a popular attraction for visitors and locals alike.
- Explore the historic town of Wimborne, which is located just a short distance from Bournemouth. Wimborne offers a range of interesting sights, including a medieval minster and a museum dedicated to the town's history.
There are many things to see and do near Bournemouth. Whether you're interested in history, nature, or outdoor activities, you'll find plenty of ways to enjoy your time in the area!